POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Modelling/rendering humans : Re: Modelling/rendering humans Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modelling/rendering humans
From: Lance Birch
Date: 19 Nov 2004 10:02:54
Message: <419e0b1e$1@news.povray.org>
"DocJunioR" <doc### [at] webde> wrote in message
> "vincent simar" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > > Anton Matkovic has beautiful girl models in Hamapatch and SPatch (Both
of
> > > which are free path modeller). I don't have the website now but it's
easily
> > > googlable.
> >
> > Here is the link:
> >
> > http://matkovic.com/anto/
> >
> > > If you can't find the models in Matkovic's site (I think he
> > > removed it but I am not sure) I can also send you the patches of them.
> >
> > I think you are right. After a quick search, I can' t find any models to
> > download.
> >
> > Vincent
>
> Nice thing. Has anybody ever seen a link to a tutorial on creating human
> faces in HAMA- or sPatch ?

Anto Matkovic created a tutorial about 6 or 7 years ago about modelling
human faces/heads in sPatch, and different approaches that can be used
(starting from the eyes/mouth/ears, how to do eyes, etc).  Even all those
years ago I was able to come up with reasonable models using that method
(now that I'm older I'm sure I could do a vastly better job).

Unfortunately, that site is long gone, although he does have a new website
at www.matkovic.com (and some of the images on there I remember from his old
site).  My advice would be to contact him and see if he has the file
headmod.zip (which contained the tutorial HTML files and images) on his
harddrive somewhere.  I found his old site in the Internet Archive
WayBackMachine but as the tutorial was provided in a zip the file it's not
available through the archive (the archive only contains HTML/images/etc)...
but if you want, go to www.archive.org and enter the following address into
the WayBackMachine for the sake of sentimentalism:

http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Studios/7415/

I just found one of the old models on a CD which I'd made at that time using
a method described by Anto in his tutorial.  It's pretty bad but I guess OK
for a 14 year old, heh.

Lance.

thezone - thezone.firewave.com.au
thehandle - www.thehandle.com